Looking for kids party food ideas? Check out these simple recipes that are cheap, quick and easy to make.
From pizza shapes and sandwiches to fruit skewers, fairy bread, chocolate crackles, racing cars, jelly faces, lucky dips and strawberry mice. They’re sure to go down a treat!
- Using pizza dough or a pre-made/shop-bought pizza base cut out your chosen shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Paint on a thin layer of tomato paste.
- Add thin slices of tomato and top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese bubbles.
- Make a variety of sandwiches with the kids' favourite ingredients and cut them into different shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Place a selection of fruits on a skewer.
- Another option is to place on a piece of fruit followed by a marshmallow.
- Cut bread into different shapes using cooker cutters, butter bread and sprinkle over hundreds and thousands.
- Ingredients: 500g milk chocolate; 4 cups Ricies or Cornfakes; cupcake cases
- Melt the chocolate.
- Add the Ricies/Cornflakes 1 cup at a time and stir, making sure they're all covered with chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases then place in the fridge to set.
- These can be transformed into spiders with liquorice for legs and Smarties for eyes. Simply mix water & icing sugar together to make the glue to stick the legs & eyes on.
- Ingredients: 1 finger biscuit, 4 Smarties for the wheels, 1 jelly baby head for the driver
- Mix water & icing sugar together to make the glue to stick the wheels & the driver onto the finger biscuit car!
- For a yummy snack sure to be a hit, combine your child’s favourite sweets and treats in a large bowl (M&M's, chocolate peanuts, Jaffas, jelly beans, marshmallows, Pineapple Lumps, raisins, dried fruit etc). Then let your guests scoop out their own cup full of yummy munchies to snack on.
- Dissolve jelly as per instructions on the packet and put put cupcake cases into cupcake/muffin tins.
- Pour the jelly solution into the cupcake cases and refrigerate until set.
- Once set, use an assortment of lollies to make the face. (Big M&M's for eyes, small M&M's for the nose and a banana lolly for the mouth)!
Source: This article was written by Little Party Animals – the complete party solution! Image source: mykitchenlife.com
- Ingredients: fresh strawberries; mini chocolate chips; black decorators' icing; almond slivers; toothpick; red lace licorice
- For each mouse, slice a small section from the side of a strawberry so it sits flat.
- Press a mini chocolate chip into the tip for a nose, using a small dab of icing to secure it in place, if needed.
- Add icing eyes and stick 2 almond slivers into the top of the berry for ears.
- For a tail, use a toothpick to carve a small hole in the back of the berry and push the end of a piece of licorice lace into the hole.